Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

God Bless America.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
All I can say is wow. Wow.

Yes ladies and germs, that is a 2x4 (zip tied to the frame) with bolted on floor mat mud flaps. Where can you purchase such an un-Godly contraption and its accompanying truck? - Branhaven Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in Branford, CT.

$(KGrHqUOKoYE3F!44ZJuBN7VTKMPbQ~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqMOKi8E3ZEg2YezBN7VS1MF7Q~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKjIE28wfTYJ,BN7VTc88cw~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqUOKn!E3c5)u5d-BN7V(p,GKQ~~_4.JPG

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
No way....that was for sale at a dealership? Like that?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I am willing to bet that it had a custom flatbed on it, and they didn't want to give the owner enough money so he took his flatbed off rigged up said contraption so its "legal" then went in for a new ride.

It doesn't have a bed, which is where the mud flaps connect to, and in most states mud flaps are mandatory (ask me how i know) so its really no suprise that its like that.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yep I agree Don, when I picked the 750 up from Louisville, they had put a similar setup on my truck (real mudflaps though)...lasted about half way home :D
I had to make a pitstop at a Flying J.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I've seen similar set ups in various forums on various trucks. I asked a guy once why the rigged set up and he explained that his flat bed was being finished up and he needed it to be legal for a week. So thats what he did...

He sold the dually bed but needed the truck for the week he was waiting for the flat bed, so said contraption was created.

Saw the trucka fwe weeks later, very nice welding bed attached color matched to truck, was like a deep metallic red...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
In Missouri your tires are not allowed to extend more than 2" from the fender. It's not enforced much, but it's the law. The 2x4 may also act as a 'fender.'

Ryan

That's very common with new trucks being transported. Not sure where the dealership got it, but if bought at auction and driven back it works temporary.

* * HTC Incredible / Forum Runner * *

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts