Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bilstein 5100 - Adjustable Height

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What do you guys think about these?

http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/lifted-truck-off-road/5100-series-ride-height-adjustable.html

They are Bilstein 5100 shocks that allow for leveling out my truck by preloading the coils and also providing more travel in the shocks. But that's the dumbed down version... This PDF is Bilstein's explanation about why they think their system is better than coil spacers or pure spring preload systems.

http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/user_upload/user_upload_us/pdfs/Bil_LevShks_WebArticle.pdf

Reading this thing, I'm pretty convinced that this might be a great leveling kit for my truck, and a nice bonus is that I also get 5100 shocks out of it. Only $100 per side on Amazon.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 4x4 mags seem to think highly of them when looking for a little altitude for weekend warriors.

I, for one, would be interested in seeing if they work. I plan on leveling out my "beast" in the very near future.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I should probably know this, but what's the front spring configuration on that truck?

EDIT: "stock front spring configuration"- I seem to have missed a word.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I should probably know this, but what's the front spring configuration on that truck?

EDIT: "stock front spring configuration"- I seem to have missed a word.
Coilovers.

Hey Chris, what does your set up look like now? Can you take a picture?

Mine looks like this.

Ryan
I'll snap a pic when I get a chance. At this new apartment my truck is in the parking garage 4 floors down so it's kind of a hassle :p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts