Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

7.3 not running on all 8

1996 F-250. Be idling fine then check engine light pops on and is just like loosing 4 cylinders instantly. It stays running, rough though, and then after a few minutes will clear out and run fine. It does this on and off at different times. Today after letting set for 7 hours, fired up like nothing was wrong and drove for 15 miles, shut it off, started it up and was sputtering within 4 seconds. Left it idle and it cleared out after about 4 back and forth sputter sessions.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Sounds like an intermittent loss of connection on one of the valve cover pass through connectors. Might be valve cover gasket change time!

I thought maybe same thing, but the existing ones are not that old; three years maybe. Took it to mechanic today ---- plugged it in and coming up computer or bad wire harness. I may still try harness gaskets and injector wiring harness first because of expense and computer is not readily available. I need a DPC 202. any other toughts please post

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts