Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This Is How We Do It In New Hampshire

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Sweet!

My truck is a little old to hammer on for that long, but we (the truck and I) still have some fun from time to time...

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
little old to hammer on? it is only a 97 and it should be built ford tough ;) granted i was at 3K rpm's(thats almost redline on a 4.9L:rolling laugh: ) the whole time and its a freshly rebuilt motor that only has about 1000 miles on it but still:cooldude: smilietease

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It's not the 10 years so much as the 245k miles....

Motor's never been open, and I'd like to keep it that way.

It IS built Ford tough, but I gotta get another couple years out of it, so I don't beat on it. I do what I need to with it, but I'd hate to break something just screwing around.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah i hear ya. understandable. when i rebuilt the truck i planned on beating it and using it for work/play. if that is your only vehicle then by all means take good care of it and it will last forever, just like it is doing now

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Travis that looks like SO much fun. I got to do that very briefly last year in an empty parking lot at a ski resort but it freaked out my little sister so I had to stop :p

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ill have a BUNCH more of these clips in the coming weeks when it snows more. im debating whether to go snow wheeling but i would need a few trucks to go with me...(no winch..:()

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Looks like fun. Now if we could just get video of Carl doing that on his tractor. smiliepeelout

hahaha i would love to see that. when i put a new radiator in my monte carlo i will be doing donuts in that too. reverse donuts that is since it is FWD...:(

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Now if we could just get video of Carl doing that on his tractor.

Carl might not be the only member of FTF who would do that.:redface:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I''ve done that a few times in my beast. It's funny how long it takes 8K lbs to stop though. I thought I was gonna get sick the first time I did it.

That is fun in an empty parking lot until....

You find the one pot hole out there. The truck stops going sideways and goes up on 2 wheels. That makes for an interesting ride for the guy in the passenger seat.

Fortunately, it came back down on all 4, but that stopped the fun for the night (that night).

I'll bet it also required a thorough cleaning of your seats and undershorts too :D

Not me. I had the ranger on 2 wheels more times than I can count. That happens when wheeling. Never actually rolled it though.

Now...my friend on the passenger side that night (the side near the pavement)...probably needed new underwear. He was one of those sports car guys. Not into wheeling. smilietease

I had it on 2 wheels on the highway once. Took a corner way too fast! Didn't do that again. :(

Haha too cool man......I did this with my F-150 last weekend.....did in our mall parking lot at night when it cleared of customers and other cars later on that night.....also locked it in to 4 wheel drive and tested it out on some pretty hefty and tall snow mounds!!! bigdance Made it through all of them with no problem...only one made for a lil extra effort but once I burried it I got out OK in reverse....snow play is almost as fun as mud some times......smiliegitrdone

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts