Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

One piece pan gasket...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Admittedly, I haven't searched too hard, but when paging through the Summit or Jegs, I've never seen mention of a one piece oil pan gasket for a 351M/400. Do they exist????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I just get tired of the cork squirting out the side, or trimming the rubber seals. And God knows I can never keep everything aligned the first time as I put the pan back on (if I have the gasket on the pan or the block).

Fellro

Staff member
You are looking for the Permadry Plus from Felpro, part #OS13260T. They are one piece, made of formed silicone on a steel backing I believe.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
It was more than likely a Felpro gasket That is about the only brand I use.
I looked around some but couldn't find a true one piece gasket.
I always use the silicone coated gaskets just seems to have better luck with those.
the ones Fellro posted up is it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You are looking for the Permadry Plus from Felpro, part #OS13260T. They are one piece, made of formed silicone on a steel backing I believe.

Roger...is that supposed to be like a universal fit...that PN is showing fitment to a 221-302 pan.

Fellro

Staff member
Dang it, clicked on the wrong truck, I need to clear out my saved list sometimes... Not coming up with a Permadry, but this one is rubber rather than cork, but still 4 piece. Felpro #1811

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Roger...

Fellro

Staff member
It doesn't appear Felpro made a Permadry for the 351M-400.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No worries...I'm just whining again. No biggie, but replacing oil pan gaskets with multiple pieces is probably one of my least favorite things to do.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I always tack the pieces down with a tack adhesive. Tried the string trick were you tie thread thru the bolt/gasket holes. That just doesn't work out to well.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Yeah...I do the tack as well, and that's probably my most productive method, but things still end up moving or sliding and then screw holes don't line up...and I either have to force them or pull the pan back down to realign. We've all been there, it's just that I see 1 pc gaskets for most other engines and it would be a luxury I would enjoy on a 335.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'll see what gasket Tim enclosed for me.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I like the one piece ones. I have an extra sitting in my basement that I made Autozone give me during the engine disaster and one currently on the truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts