Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Not to count my chickens before they hatch....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I think I may have found on HELL of a deal on a cobra 32V 4.6 for my truck...

If the guy still has it, I am going to try and get it this weekend... He is asking 700 for the WHOLE car! He has NO idea what he has! Oh BTW it is in a 97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC.:wasntme:

To give you an idea....

My stock 5.4 had at BEST 130hp at the rear wheels before charged. After charged I put down 450HP at the rear wheels with a hot tune on 12psi.

The stock 4.6 cobra put out 330HP at the rear wheels. So if I throw MY Stage 4 P&P charger, 80# injectors and my HOT *** tune and lay down about 10-12psi..........
drool.gif
peace.gif
THAT IS ALL!

DAMN I have to call this guy tomorrow morning! Hell I could buy the whole car, pull the motor, call pick and pull and have them come get the rest of it and I may only be out a few hundred bucks!

How cool would that be to have a supercharged COBRA DOHC in a Pickup!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
If he still has it for sale I am on it like white on rice!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
You buy the car, take the engine and give me the car. I miss my Mark. :(

I don't have access to my pics right now, but here is one from google, arent they just beautiful?

lincoln-mark-viii-henderson-nv_39841_LINMARK97_3.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Car sounds like it may be totaled...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Like A Boss!!!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have a meeting with the guy tomorrow at about 10ish. I want to hear it run and what not as it will give me the chance to do some research on the motor as well.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
They can make good power, check out this one. He has a few mods, and the end result is a 5L 32v modular pushing 600HP, his mods are in the video description.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I'd rather find myself a Navi DOHC 5.4 :D

Good luck with the baby motor! smilietease

LOL I am thinking of making my forged bottom end match up to the DOHC upper... I am doing some MAJOR research right now....

Your truck will be one BAD *** SLEEPER. I'm jealous if you go through with it. Nothing like wiping the smug look off the face of unsuspecting turkeys. :guns:

LMAO I love taking ricers on!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Crestwood area. I am not liking the info I am finding. I may have to fab up a custom lower plenum for my blower to work.

Here is the issue...

I have a 5.4 which is AWESOME for lower end torque. The 4.6 is OK for torque, but better on HP.

What I am hoping to do is take the 5.4 shortblock I have already, put the DOHC heads on (which I know will fit already), Then try to bolt my Blower to it.

Only issue is the intake ports, and I am pretty sure mounting bolt pattern is different than what I have. So the ONLY vehicle Ford ever put out with the Supercharged DOHC 5.4 is the GT500. So now I have to price out and get info on the bolt pattern of the blower, midplate/intercooler, and lower plenum that bolts to the heads. If it is monetarily feasable, I am going to build a GT500 engine for the truck.

If not then since mine is going to be used to pull the custom rock crawler dad and I are building, I am just going to build up the 5.4 that is in here now and leave it S/C'd.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yep...Problem is I have noone close that has one that I know, so I can tear down the upper end! LOL I AM going to figure this out, but it is going to take A LOT of work......

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
check out the svt forums, im sure somebody there could help you out...
There are alot of gt500's out there that have had the top ends off and likely still have the top ends off them.

your trying to find if a 5.4 sc will bolt to a 4.6 lower intake?

Just thinking out loud, as i have zero experience with 5.4's but i believe they are wider than the 4.6 correct?
Same as the 302 351?
So you would need a 5.4l lower intake to properly work...
But your unsure if the 5.4 intake will bolt to the 4.6 heads?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts