Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1981 F100 gas V8 For Sale

1981 FORD F100 CUSTOM SWB 4spd manual on gas (2WD).

The engine was rebuilt last year around 15,000Kms ago. It is a balanced 351 Cleveland V8 built with all American/Canadian
parts. Has a bit of a lumpy CAM, Gas heads, Edelbrock performer alloy intake manifold, Holley Carb, MSD electronic ignition, MSD
electronic distributor and genie extractors on a twin 3 inch exhaust system coming out behind the doors on each side.

Runs on dual fuel with a 160L LPG gas tank in the back.

The body is straight and in good condition, a nice paint job was done a few years ago. I believe this has been an inland car for most of its life - has always been relatively rust free.

The tonneau is a lockable hard cover.
Original rear window louvres included.

The truck goes well and sounds great, she is a real head turner that I will be sad to part with but has to be sold.

Please find on Carsales Australia (Rego: AO31PH) for photos and contact details.

Gidday to my west island cuzzy smiliestirthepot - nice truck - how do you find the gas conversion as i'm thinking about it for mine seeing as petrol is still at $2.15/litre?

Cheers Mark

This is the link for effie's truck.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=10613213&__Qpb=1&Cr=4&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294966463%204294965923&silo=1011&__No=45&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=62&__sid=1303FC3EFBB6

Hey Mark,
The gas is great. When I had the engine built I made sure that the heads were done up to run properly on gas and spent a bit of extra money on having the whole setup tuned by someone with the correct gear (maximise the use of my electric ignition and dissy). Since then it hasn't missed a beat. It is dual fuel and I run it on gas 95% of the time, it actually runs better on gas as I have it setup that way. Wouldn't look back.

Also, with gas at 60c in Sydney it costs me no more in dollars to run than an average modern sedan.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts