Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen. 12 likes and dislikes

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Wanted to start a thread and see what everyone liked about their truck and if there is anything you would change.

So far I like everything, the only problem I have is that my phone and the sync system have decided to not play together. It may be more of a phone issue though.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Do some lookin on CL, i bet you could find a good deal on something that might catch your eye. Then tell her you found x phone for such a great deal....

haha

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How well does the voice recognition work Scott?...specifically with asking Sync to call numbers?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Also, do you have to do like an introduction programming kinda thing?

I know some voice activated things, they have you say certain words so they can "recognize" your voice better.

Does sync do that?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
no introduction. When it was working I didn't have too much trouble with it, you kinda have to have your contacts in your phone so it's easier to find by voice recognition. I found if you had the persons first and last names it was never a problem but if you had first names only, sometimes it wouldn't get the right one.

SFssft1911

North Carolina Chapter member
Likes - Well I've had my truck just over two years now. It's been a great truck and we've had a lot of fun together. The build quality is top notch as evidenced by the lack of wear and tear on truck (inside and out). My favorite features are the sync system which has given me absolutely no issues. I have been able to hook up Zune and Ipod mp3 players without faults and I've used multiple phones. Most recently the Samsung Captivate. In addition, I'm able to play Pandora radio over my phone and through the bluetooth audio. Another favorite feature is the tailgate step. After lifting my truck it has come in handy especially with my bad Paratrooper knees. Another feature I've enjoyed is the load flat rear floor, which I've slept in on multiple occasions during road trips. Another cool thing about the floor is that even with the factory sub not only was I able to sleep there but my girlfriend was able to as well.

Wanted to start a thread and see what everyone liked about their truck and if there is anything you would change.

So far I like everything, the only problem I have is that my phone and the sync system have decided to not play together. It may be more of a phone issue though.
phones & electronics are ok but How about someone tell about the 2010 versus 2011 F150. New engine. Is it any good better than 4.6 v8;MPG?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I have 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 Company truck The 4.6 gets 17 MPG around here . My old 94 gets 16 MPG On open road . So an upgrade not worth it to me. I'm not a lead foot anymore .

Pros
Like the crew cab
Ride is Good
Interior back seat room great .

Cons .
They need get rid to the console As high as truck sits they could do away with hump in front and still have lots o ground claerance
Sits to high (load stuff)
Eats Brakes
MPG
Low profile tires do not like construction sites .
No long bed option.

I'd buy one If need a truck myself and had 30000+ to throw away .

Things to change for me to buy new truck .

Ride height is big one.
Big grill in front has to go
the flare at top tailgate ( hate that) I pull into bank to load riding mower and tail gate is just to thick
console
Low profile tires and big rim size in general

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
What do I think should be changed? We need a new body style. This same body style has gone on for close to 8 years now, which is more than the last few generations have. It's sad that they brought out brand new motors, but did not bring out a brand new truck.

And I agree, I want a single cab long bed option, and I don't want my rear wheel to kiss the tailgate. Lumber doesn't fit well in a 6' bed, no matter how deep you make it. Stop appealing to soccer moms and appeal to those who actually drive trucks for their original intended purpose.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I have had an 04 and now have a 10. There may not have been a major remodel but there are a lot of differences between the two generations. Hood, grille, headlights, taillights, 3rd brake light, tailgate, wheel arch bodylines, dash, mirrors are a little different, etc. Sitting in and driving the 10 vs. the 04 is different too, the 10 feels like a lot bigger truck.

I do believe you can still get the reg. cab with an 8ft. bed too. You just can't get the 8ft. bed in any other configuration. It's not a big issue for me, I can't remember a time yet were I couldn't get what I needed into the bed of my truck. I like running a bed cover so the deeper bedsides work great for me. I can put stuff in the bed and leave the cover down, in the 02 I had I always had to roll the cover up.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What do I think should be changed? We need a new body style. This same body style has gone on for close to 8 years now, which is more than the last few generations have. It's sad that they brought out brand new motors, but did not bring out a brand new truck.

And I agree, I want a single cab long bed option, and I don't want my rear wheel to kiss the tailgate. Lumber doesn't fit well in a 6' bed, no matter how deep you make it. Stop appealing to soccer moms and appeal to those who actually drive trucks for their original intended purpose.

You know what I've noticed about Ford's pattern?

5 years on a platform
5 more years on same platform with fender and bed changes w/ new interior
7 years on a platform, no major changes
Then repeat the cycle.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts