Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

topics at training

blacksnapon

Staff member
There were numerous topics brought up at training over the past 4 days. Engine failures from cheap oil filters (not covered under warranty), transmission shifting issues caused by no air filter (yes, no air filter), 6.4 modifications and how they are being "combated", so on and so forth. smiliestirthepot

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Very Interesting! How about problems from dirt and oil passed by K&N air filters?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Very Interesting! How about problems from dirt and oil passed by K&N air filters?
It wouldn't take much of a stretch to equate the "no air filter" to a K&N. The air filter (or lack of) will actually change the load calculations in the pcm. Load is an important measurement for shift schedules.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The discussion I liked, was the one about the pcm, when it discovers programming that is "illegal", locks up, and you have to return to the dealership to have it unlocked. This one is not in place now, but it is on the horizon.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The discussion I liked, was the one about the pcm, when it discovers programming that is "illegal", locks up, and you have to return to the dealership to have it unlocked. This one is not in place now, but it is on the horizon.

I've been told that Ford has removed the PSOM wire (I think thats what it's called) from the dlc connector to prevent people from doing there own reflash. But by now im sure this is a well known thing among the guys who write the programs. They do need to do somthing though, don't need all these moded 6.4's coming in blown up. When they do start the "lockup" deal and it's brought to the dealer the vin # should be sent to Ford and there Warrenty should be void instantly.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
There were numerous topics brought up at training over the past 4 days. Engine failures from cheap oil filters (not covered under warranty), transmission shifting issues caused by no air filter (yes, no air filter), 6.4 modifications and how they are being "combated", so on and so forth. smiliestirthepot

What kind of nut runs a diesel without an air filter?

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts