Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F150 box lifting and replacement questions

How much does a 2000 6.5ft truck box weigh? It was set on my trailer with a forklift, it didn't break the trailer so it must weigh less than 1800#.
What are the preferred lifting winches/cranes and rigging? Do I need to build a lifting frame and attach a winch? If so do any of you have pics of your lifting setups? How would you suggest lifting, flipping, mounting the freshly painted box? Are there any special procedures or tools needed to remove the old rusted box? Is there an issue of a magazine that shows how to tackle this job?
I have this perfect used replacement for my rusted F150 6.5' truck bed/box.
Currently its sitting on my trailer and it needs to be moved so that I can start sanding it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
DM

blacksnapon

Staff member
Changing a fuel pump takes 4 guys to lift a bed and remove it.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not sure of the weight but 4 guys can easily lift and move it.
They are more awkward than heavy.

Agreed. No issues here just doing my bed. Just get a few guys and a good hold on things.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Two of us lifted the box from my truck, 4 guys would have been easier.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Bacon is the 'candy bar of meats'

As far as the bed goes - I've not done a Gen 10 bed, but the Gen 9 bed can be done by 2 strong guys. 4 guys makes it easier, but you have to buy more beer to lure friends over to help.

Ryan

Depending on the garage you have this could be an option.
Mount four eye bolts in the ceiling and using four tie down straps attached to the stake pockets pulling the straps a little at a time until the bed is high enough to clear the truck. pull truck out and very carefully lower the bed down onto some sawhorses.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts