Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Might as well introduce myself here since this will be my home!!

I retired two days ago after 20 years and age 50 from a SoCal school district where I worked as an electrician.I am prepping my house with the intention of selling fast and moving into the woods/mountains of Northern Cal. As an aid hunter and fisherman , cant think of a better place to spend my remaining years.
Anyway my fixation with Broncos started in the 60's as my Dad was a member of "four wheelers of Orange County" and althought Dad had a jeep, I was always eyeing the little "ponies"of the time and loving every ounce of them. THEN in 79 one of my buddies showed up at high school with his "grad" gift which was a full size Bronco and I knew there was no stopping me. I INSISTED on a brand new one so it took me till 1995 to get mine. In 2005 when I got paroled(divorced)the first thing I did was refinish the interior with high grade black leather and atificial snake skin,1000 watt in dash DVD player/sound system.
PICT00052.jpg

here is an outside view a while back
PICT0014.jpg

so the Great White Buffalo (as we like to call her)has the following upgrades/mods

1. 4 inch Pro Comp Lift
2.33/12.50 Micky T MTZ Baja radials
3.black pro comp steel wheels with MTZ centercap(dont ask me why the tire dufas did that...
PICT0015.jpg

4.k&n oil style filter( My new cool air intake system from K&N will be here in the morning and I will have that sucker installed before im done burpin breakfast :)
5.ALL new shocks this week...
Skyjacker 7000's in the rear
Pro Comp 2000 for steering stabilizer
Pro Comp 3000 (oil) front rear of axles
Pro Comp 9000 (gas) front in front of axle
Through experimentation this is the best setup MY money can buy and got 70,000 miles from the previous set.
Here is the front end view:
procompjpg.jpg

6. BroncoAir bumper( Im sorry but there is no other bumper that comes close to design/quality and Chris was great to work with.
couldnt find a front view pic, I have since aded driving lights to the bumper holes.
PICT00032.jpg

7. Spare fuel/water capability :
PICT0005.jpg

8. Optima yellowtop battery( Guys another must have if you have lots of lights,winches, DVD's etc)

9. Smittybilt 8000K winch.

Im sure I forgot some stuff but I just wanted to say "HEY" and let you guys know that there are others with our diseasesmilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man oh man I wish we had a like button. Welcome aboard, great looking Bronco. I dunno if the namesake was intentional or not, but I love the story and legend and representation of the white buffalo. Anyway, enjoy your stay at our little corner of cyberspace.

SFssft1911

North Carolina Chapter member
Welcome and might I say that is one gorgeous Bronco you have there! Absolutely gorgeous, congrats!

Wow, thanks for the kind welcome. I love that beast and it probably shows. I fifished the K&N cool air intake installation today I will start a thrad for those who may be interested. Again thanks for the complements............Zep

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Thanks for sharing that sweet bronc!

Since were a close knit community here, we like to let others borrow our rides for a few days here and there..../

So imma need to borrow that bronc of yours for a few days, shy of eternity. :)

haha
But really, welcome to the site. Glad to have you here! Hope to see your light on more!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That is one sweet ride! Welcome! :wavey:

thanks guys, its gonna take me some time to check out all your rides but from what I have seen so far there are tons of sweet trucks on this board and a wealth of knowledge.....Zep

Welcome to FTF. That is a nice bronco. It shows that it is taken care of.

Thanks you it really has beeen an act of love staying on top of maintenance and I ALWAYS meet or exceed factory recs. NOW go check out the thread where I describe how I am dropping :hammer: my 3rd motor in a vehicle that has less than 80K. I am at a complete loss what I could have done different to have prevented either incedent. I am actually a lucky mutha except for the engine issues in my damn Broncosaurus..........Thanks John

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts