Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

questions about an 05 explorer 4.6

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
does anyone know the way to change the combination to keyless entry on the drivers door?
is it worth putting a cold air intake on it? or just an aftermarket filter?
anyone done any kind of exhaust mods? i would like to put something on it with a little rumble but not too loud. its the wifes truck
what is the RSC transmission? benefits? weak points?

blacksnapon

Staff member
does anyone know the way to change the combination to keyless entry on the drivers door?
Enter the permanent factory remote keyless entry (RKE) keypad code.
Press the 1/2 button within 5 seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than 2 seconds after activation will erase the stored customer code. The existing code will not need to be erased to program a new code.
Within 5 seconds, enter the new 5-digit RKE keypad code. The door locks will lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed. Now, remember, the original code will still work, until you replace the vehicle security module.

s it worth putting a cold air intake on it? or just an aftermarket filter?
Those are a waste of time, in my opinion.
anyone done any kind of exhaust mods? i would like to put something on it with a little rumble but not too loud. its the wifes truck
Just some different mufflers will do.

what is the RSC transmission? benefits? weak points?
RSC....Roll stability control......its more ABS and electronic steering based. Theres no difference in the trans.

Last edited:

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
thanks vince what if we dont know the factory code?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts