Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A new "accessory" for the '65... vintage bicycle content

Sven7

Derping
My friend was showing me his "for sale" bicycle collection and when I saw this '58 Schwinn Hornet I just had to have it. A week later here we are! He restrung the wheels and did the bearings and whatnot. He tells me it's missing the headlight, rear rack and faux gas tank and has a couple incorrect components. But I don't care; the thing's sweet to look at and sweet to ride. And I think it looks nice in the truck.

Planning on building some sort of wooden rack to haul this and my 60's Hawthorne to shows and/or parks! If anyone has experience with that please let me know.

On to cell phone pics chillin' in the bed...

5701959729_ba0f1e02aa_o.jpg

5702529602_6387251d87_o.jpg

And the Hawthorne that I picked up broken for free last summer, now in reliable riding condition sporting a Saab 96 grille.

4894491264_6917455e92_z.jpg

Probably gonna daily the truck for at least a couple weeks now as well, to get some stuff on the Rabbit squared away. Hopefully the Ford will be as reliable as it has been for the past five years! :)

Woo hoo! smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

Sven7

Derping
Ok, truck is on daily driver duty (while the Rabbit's getting fixed and upgraded), bike rack is primed, sanded and coming together! It needs a couple shims on the bottom to keep it from sliding side to side in the bed, then needs a couple coats of paint. Bike rack for <$20 bishesss!

The rack is shown upside down here. The cross bars will go on the bottom, straddling the front and back of the wheel wells in the bed. It will hold two bikes and both bikes will need to be tied down, of course. But hey for $20 I can't really complain.

5812572106_61dcdf0240_b.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts