Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

what does a 2002+ powerstroke 6.0 or 7.3 stock runs at the track ? 1/4 mile

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
what does a 2002+ powerstroke 6.0 or 7.3 stock runs at the track ? stock !

im asking becuase i raced one and beat him for about a halve truck length and then he passed me like a rocket after we reached 85 mph + ( my speedo doesnt go faster then 85 mph lol

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
what does a 2002+ powerstroke 6.0 or 7.3 stock runs at the track ? stock !

im asking becuase i raced one and beat him for about a halve truck length and then he passed me like a rocket after we reached 85 mph + ( my speedo doesnt go faster then 85 mph lol
Stock is in the 17-18 sec range for a 6.0L. Was he a stick or auto??

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
auto... single cab long bed

How come no one asks about a stock Y-block?

I have a zero to 60 time of {sometime this century} and just barely (going down hill-!!!).

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
auto... single cab long bed
If he punched it without spooling up first, then he'd be closer to the 18-19 second range. If he knew what he was doing and he spooled it up first, then he'd be in the 16.5-17.5 second range.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
yeah he didnt spool it... so he doesnt know what he was doing lol... but i bet if he spooled he would beat me..

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
yeah he didnt spool it... so he doesnt know what he was doing lol... but i bet if he spooled he would beat me..
Most likely, yes. Basically, to spool it up, put it in 4wd (if he has it), hold the brake hard, step on the gas (don't floor it, but just ease into it), when he sees 10-12 PSI boost, let off on the brake, jam it to the floor and HOLD ON! If he doesn't have 4wd, launch closer to 8-10 PSI boost or it'll just sit and spin the tires off. Also fun option. lol

Storm

Todd knows ALL ABOUT brake launching.. How big was that hole in the engine? LMAO

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
How come no one asks about a stock Y-block?

I have a zero to 60 time of {sometime this century} and just barely (going down hill-!!!).

Thats odd. That Y block my cousin had would run like a scalded dog........ And it was stock as stock could be, with three on the tree

Gunner

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Todd knows ALL ABOUT brake launching.. How big was that hole in the engine? LMAO

No that was just the Chineese/Mexican place down the street blowing up. He was hit by a low flying deep fried burrito :D

Gunner

I might be exagerating slightly, but it is no powerhouse and certainly is not fast.

The later ones had 4 barrels and higher rear end ratios.

Mine:1956 F100 Y Block: OHV V8 (Y8) 5 Main Bearings; B&S 3.62 x 3.30; 272 cid; Compression Ratio 8.3:1; 171 HP @ 4400 RPM; 260 ft. lbs. of Torque @ 2100-2400 RPM; 2 Barrel Carb.

I might be exagerating slightly, but it is no powerhouse and certainly is not fast.

The later ones had 4 barrels and higher rear end ratios.

Mine:1956 F100 Y Block: OHV V8 (Y8) 5 Main Bearings; B&S 3.62 x 3.30; 272 cid; Compression Ratio 8.3:1; 171 HP @ 4400 RPM; 260 ft. lbs. of Torque @ 2100-2400 RPM; 2 Barrel Carb.
Briggs and Stratton???

Most likely, yes. Basically, to spool it up, put it in 4wd (if he has it), hold the brake hard, step on the gas (don't floor it, but just ease into it), when he sees 10-12 PSI boost, let off on the brake, jam it to the floor and HOLD ON! If he doesn't have 4wd, launch closer to 8-10 PSI boost or it'll just sit and spin the tires off. Also fun option. lol

10-12? pfft do it hard. 18+ and on drugs is the way more fun! better than a wrx sti launch

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
10-12? pfft do it hard. 18+ and on drugs is the way more fun! better than a wrx sti launch
Ah, pfftt! Yeah, that's why my 2006 now has a 2004 engine!! Drugs? Yeah, that too. Last launched at 20 PSI with Water/Meth at 50/50 and 125HP shot of NOS running a 64mm Turbo and 225cc Injectors. I DO have some experience and I'm trying to keep others from having the same. ROFL

Once I get the oil situation resolved, I'll be back!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts