Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Majority

Well looks like Harper has his majority. Who would have thought the NDP would have taken so many seats. History in the making. The first time the Liberals were not in power or the opposition in the history of Canada,crazy. Glad to see the bloc knocked out. I'm not sure about Harper, lots of thing I like ,but for some reason, a Harper majority scares me. I liked it better with a minority. I hope Canada is right.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is an absolutely great day for Canada..Iggy got what was coming to him, Duceppe got the boot :D...now we can get on with things without getting stonewalled at every turn by the opposition...thank God the NDP did not get a majority...we would have been back to the stone age...and let's hope the gun registry gets the boot right away as well.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like you guys are happy. Congrats.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Quite a victory! I hear it was a bit of a surprise! Yes, no?

Ryan

The NDP forming the official opposition was a surprise, the majority PC government, not so much. Western Canada has been crapped on by the Liberals and Eastern Canada since before Confederation and I think last night showed how fedup we are with it. The balance of power up here is switching to the west and people are going to have to get used to it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I read on another site that this was the most dominant political shift for you guys in 50 years. True?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I read on another site that this was the most dominant political shift for you guys in 50 years. True?

Yep...they are referring to the NDP becoming the official opposition and the decimation of the Liberals...and to a degree, the near wipeout of the Bloc.

Western Canada has been crapped on by the Liberals and Eastern Canada since before Confederation and I think last night showed how fedup we are with it. The balance of power up here is switching to the west and people are going to have to get used to it.

How many ridings did the PC take from the opposition in eastern Canada. I think the turning point for Harper was southern Ontario. They knocked out some major players in Liberal strong holds in the GTA. I think if I understand right is that the PC only gained 5% from their last election.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think you are right on the GTA...I'm not sure the exact percentage numbers but the number of seats went from the low 140's to 162 wasn't it?.
It's been pretty much PC this way from the Manitoba border for quite some time.
All I do know is that this is going to be a boon to the business out here and the Liberal ideas of taxing and giving to the "less fortunate" will come to and end...and hopefully it will also not be a crime to possess and own a shotgun.
Even more comical is Layton figuring he can do anything...the PC's can now pass what they damn well please without interference from the rest of the riff raff. Did you catch what the Green party wants?..."special treatment" with extra time in the house as they only have one seat...what a pile of crapola...this is going to be a good next 4 years.

A start:

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/por...ws/capfeed/election/EG681.xml&CatID=Elections

Last edited:
I think the PC ended up with 166 seats. That gun registry made criminals out of the average Joe who wanted a bird gun. I hear ya there. As for the green party what a joke. First they want in on the debates with no seats at all in the house, and now that they got "1" they want special treatment? I can't stand them and I hope Harper put them in their place.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts