Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Slick Paint Schemes

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Does anyone happen to have any literature on the factory paint schemes for the slicks? I remember a truck on ebay a long time ago that I decided the schem that was on that truck was what I wanted to go with when I bought a slick...but it's the only scheme I've ever seen like it...so now I'm wondering if it wasn't a custom job. I don't have a pic of it...but if anyone remembers it, it was 66 250 4x4 with a dark maroonish color and off white...really unique scheme, I can't even really explain it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ooooooooh Dennis...happen to have any literature on this??? I believe the scheme I fell in love with was a tu-tone...from the body/trim line up was red and from the trim line down was white. However, the the body line/wheel well above the rear tires was accented red, and the front fender lines were accented red. Stock paint scheme or custom job?

I have a little bit of info so I'll see what I can post

Sven7

Derping
Maybe this would help. I usually assume what's in the brochure was officially offered (with some exceptions).

1961 Ford Trucks brochure from AUTOLIT on Ebay. You can kind of make out the color breakup as it rounds the rear corners. Interesting that they say the unibody was for "greater durability" haha
16048a.jpg

Less than $15! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350045808001&clk_rvr_id=233852897702

It appears Ford used the same illustration for 1962.

Here's a '65 with a similar paint scheme. Doesn't work as well with the separate bed though.
5160691527_2fa0ec7570_z.jpg

That's all I can find on it. :)

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the posts...the scheme I was originall talking about was very similar to those posted, with the exception being the wheel well body lines are painted the same color as the middle color of the tutone.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
the only factory red and white scheme would be rangoon red and wimbleton (corinthian) [confused] white.

HPIM1833.jpg

Wimbledon White is not Corinthian white. Wimbledon White is an off white introduced in 1964. Corinthian White is a bright white last used in 1963.

The only thing these two colors share is the same COLOR code: M.

Rangoon Red was also combined with Pure White, COLOR code C, first introduced in 1964.

Tu-tone Styleside pickups have the primary color on the roof and below the side mouldings (if present).

Follow a straight line in the same location if without mouldings. The secondary color is on the hood, upper portion of the doors, cab corners and quarter panels. Upper section of the bed and tailgate.

Tu-tone Flareside pickups have the primary color on the roof, the rest of the truck is painted the secondary color.

The primary color is always listed first, so JM = J = Rangoon Red would be the primary color.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts