Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

lowered my 61.

ezernut9mm

Missouri Chapter member
before:
HPIM2040.jpg

after mono springs in the front and drop shackles in the back:
HPIM2468.jpg

this is a crappy pic with the front rear spring hangers installed along with the shackles.
HPIM2487.jpg

another view.

HPIM2490.jpg

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks good. A big improvement for sure.

I personally, if I was going to lower one, would want it sitting as low as possible, but that's just me. My good buddy has a lowered yota, and We both weigh 260, and it's two fat boys in a little truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. To me, now it needs a couple other little touches to pull it together.

ezernut9mm

Missouri Chapter member
Looks good. A big improvement for sure.

I personally, if I was going to lower one, would want it sitting as low as possible, but that's just me. My good buddy has a lowered yota, and We both weigh 260, and it's two fat boys in a little truck.

yeah, i want it lower too, but this was all i could afford for now. any lower and we start talking about notching the frame and welding some spring perches for a rear axle flip. i would also have to relocate the steering box and use a dropped i-beam or flipping the one i have.

ezernut9mm

Missouri Chapter member
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. To me, now it needs a couple other little touches to pull it together.

it's a work in progress. there is an awful lot of white there, but i don't really want to prep and paint the truck. i'm not sure what i am going to do next.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not my style, but looks nice. smilieFordlogo (If I were to lower, I'd slam it :D)

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I think its perfect where it is. Please don't "slam" it.

ezernut9mm

Missouri Chapter member
it is about as low as a regular driver needs to be. any lower and we will need some major mods and will hit anything bigger than a pebble in the road.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Needs a semigloss black and red pinstripe, leave the red wheels on or do them same black with a circumferencial red pinstripe. I'm diggin the stance now.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts