Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Diesel Fuel Lables - What To Look

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Diesel Fuel Lables - What To Look For!!!!

Here is the new mandated federal diesel fuel label(s) that should be on every diesel fuel pump... if not... to not use or buy!!!

LSD - 500ppm - Old sulfur content now being phased out.

ULSD - 15ppm - New sulfur content and mandated for the newer diesels with particulate exhaust filters.

Attachments

• Sulfur Level Lables.jpg
Last edited:
THESE are the labels I look for:

BioLabels.jpg
images
pumptopper.jpg

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
THESE are the labels I look for:

BioLabels.jpg
images
pumptopper.jpg

With all due respect... not me.

Ford only recommends B5 as the greatest percentage of bio to use.

For warrenty purposes, B5 or lower should be used.

However, as bio-fuels get better and there becomes consistency in their manufacture, I think the car & truck will allow more... but until then B5 is the way to go or straight good old fashion 100% diesel.

My truck is beyond any ford recommendations. The highest I have run in the Duallie is B20 with no complications, and I have been buying from the same supplier for the last 18 months and 35,000 miles. currently I have B5 in it. The big trucks haven't so much as hiccupped when I even stepped it up in them.

Ford Motor Company and Exxon/Mobil have been longtime allies. they are not going to shoot themselves in the foot by recommending a fuel they do not have the market cornered in.

Also International has made numerous statements endorsing Biodiesel as a fuel blend, but again asserts b20 as recommended.

Ford Truck Articles