Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

no power to fuse box

help i have a 84 f150 and and its a truck that i want to get rid of but only has like 90000 miles on it and its a strong running inline six.But i tried to pull it up front to sell it and it has no power to the fuse box had a charger on it and it wouldnt turn a wiper or radio or light.I assume a fuse link burned But don't know which one powers the fuse box i tested a thick yellow one that hookes to the noid it was good but i have never had this problem and electrical has never been my specialty ?????? I plan on just pulling the stereo and new tires and scrapping it. But that motor runs awesome and hate to see it go to scrap yard but the rest of the truck is rust bucket and well time to let it go.Was gonna do a project with it but have to many now.But it be a good motor for some one them old 300 sixes are awesome and trusty

blacksnapon

Staff member
Working off of memory here (which is dangerous), but I think theres two fusible links on the solenoid. You just have to use your fingers and feel the wires. Generally, theres an internal break.

thanks and i think i saw them just wasnt sure they would have killed all the power to everything not very large in guage so i was thinking for no power it would have been a larger wire as far as diameter thanks i will try one of them

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts