Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Excursion Forum....

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
My 2003 Excursion with the 6.0L PSd is running well.

I now have 89,800 miles on her and change her oil and filter every 5,000 miles. I only use Racor made or Motorcraft oil filters from Walmart and Rotella-Syn 5W-40 oil. I can not wait for synthetic CJ4 oil and hope it will be out in 2007 as Rotella has claimed?

Here a few pictures...

Attachments

• My 2003 6L PSD Truck.JPG
  • Block Heater - 2.JPG
  • Coolant Filter - 1.JPG
  • Fumoto Valve-1.JPG
  • Additive Fuel Bottles (MSR).jpg
Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
:drool:

Jealousy... It's bitter.

Ryan

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
It is a shame that Ford stopped making the Excursion.

What a great truck (IMO)!!!

It is great for carrying the wife, kids, dog, jet ski and all their junk/stuff that goes with them!!!

I need to get 300,000 miles out of this "bus" in order to justify it to my wife and why I needed a diesel and why I now pay more for diesel fuel (versus gas)!!!

But it is a "bus" and has all the comforts of a luxury car.

blacksnapon

Staff member
our dealership uses bulk motorcraft oil. I asked the parts manager about the change to new oil, he said, they made the change when our supply got to 30%. The oil manufacturer claimed that wouldnt affect the rating. You might see if your dealer has made a similar change.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Beach,

When ya gonna turn that baby up a notch or two???? :cooldude:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Beach,

When ya gonna turn that baby up a notch or two???? :cooldude:

Too chicken to do it...

Curious how my fuel/oil dilution is doing due to "creeping up" from <.5% to 2% then back to 1%.

Currently, still under warrenty and not willing to chance it.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Was there any correlation with the dilution and your switch to ulsd?

No... dilution went up after I had some "sticking turbo vanes"... but then it cleared up on their own and all has been good.

When my diesel tech flashed me for free last week (no jokes please)... I had no (zero) codes stored... not even a sticky EGR valve!!!

Fuel dilution went up then came 1/2 way back.

Low was: <.5%

High was: 2%

Now: 1%

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts