Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Explorer window woes

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
During the last big freeze, it looks like I pulled the window off of the track. Apparently it's held on there with some sort of adhesive. :headbang: Anywho, I tried just setting it back in the track and guiding the window up and down with my hand (AC doesn't work... I need another thread for that one!) and that did nothing but mess everything up. The bar that sits under the window is attached to the actuating arms via socket/ball connections. They don't seem to like being properly attached.

What I need is and idea or two to retain the window in the upward position. But I still want to be able to drop it for drive throughs and cruising. (Again, no AC and I'm moving to Florida of all places!!!) But anybody can drop the window down from the outside... kinda worries me.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
How about you just fix it the right way, then you have no worries. Just take off the panel, see whats wrong and fix it.

I have never heard about that happening before, thats crazy, and we are frozen most of the year up here. :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
How about you just fix it the right way, then you have no worries. Just take off the panel, see whats wrong and fix it.

I have never heard about that happening before, thats crazy, and we are frozen most of the year up here. :D

I know how it works... I've tried a fix or two, but I'm not quite sure how to properly attach the window to the rail.

As for it freezing - I suspect it was pretty loose to begin with.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts