Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Leveling kits

jbish28

former Ford Master Tech
Iowa
I am wanting to install a leveling kit on my '04 F-150 lariat s-crew. I saw another post regarding a similar situation. However, There was never any mention of the size of the spacers used. I was thinking about going with a 2 1/2" in the front with the 1" rear blocks. Has anyone seen what the best combo as far as lift is? Also, with the 18" wheels that are on it, what would be a good tire size upgrade, with no rubbing issues?

I went with the 2.5" kit from hellbent steel, super cheap and quality built. My truck sits almost perfectly level now, without rear blocks. My truck has 17" wheels, I went with 295's. You can go all the way up to a 35" tire on the stock wheels, backspacing is the key. I've heard of some people w/ tire rub w/ 35's, but I've personally seen one truck (an '05) with 35's on 18" wheels and no rub. My next set will be 35" BFG ATko's, looking at it wth the 295's I can see there's plenty of room. 33"s will clear without any problems whatever. Hope this helps, good luck.

Here's a pic of mine right after the tires and kit install:

Fordpics010.jpg

Here's a link to Hell Bent Steel. The kit is $69 shipped. The install took me about an hour for the 1st side, second side went in about 20 minutes since I knew what I was doing and had the tools strung out. Just make sure you get an alignment when you're done.

http://www.hellbentsteel.com/produc...-2008-ford-f150-2wd-4wd-2-5-leveling-kit.html

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts