Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just curious about a new windshield for my 70

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
What should I be looking at for a new windshield for my 1970 F100? Probably won't be going through the insurance company, as I have a 250 deductible...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would contact Carlite directly...they may still have some for your truck. I got a price of around $125 for one for 73-79.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those were new windshields made by the company that supplies them for Ford and no, that wasn't a shipped price.

Fellro

Staff member
The 67-72 windshields are the same as 73-79...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
To get one done in the bronco was 195 with a new locking bead but they were able to re use the old gasket its also got the blue tint strip on the top of the glass so that raised the price some.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The 67-72 windshields are the same as 73-79...
That's correct, but...the windshield weatherstrips are not the same, and there are two different types for 1967/72's.

C7TZ-8103110-A .. Windshield Weatherstrip-Use without stainless steel w/shield reveal mouldings: 1967/72 F100/750.

C7TZ-8103110-B .. Windshield Weatherstrip-Use with stainless steel w/shield reveal mouldings: 1967/72 F100/750.

Originally there were two different windshields, clear and tinted. Today, another is available...the Sun Band type.

A Sun Band is a tinted w/shield with extra tint across the top. Note: If you are tall, you may not want a Sun Band. Tryin' to see thru that extra tint...at night...can be a real b!tch!

I found this out after I installed a Sun Band in my '65 F100.

btw: Any autoglass shop can order any of these w/shields. Carpenter has the w/strips.

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
spoke with a few local shops and ended up getting one installed out the door for $228. Thanks guys for all your help...

By the way, NC does not require an inspection sticker for vehicles older than 35 years, so I really didn't have to get a new one, but it will be nice not to see those cracks...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
CA does not require an inspection sticker for anything, cuz there are no safety inspections here.

CA does require 1976 and newer vehicles to pass a smog test, so that means that...

Once they pass, they can head on down the road with maypop tires, next to no brakes, leaking fluids, cracks in the glass, or no glass...at all, wandering steering, worn out suspension/shocks, and a gazillion other sins.

Ridiculous!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts