Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Torque Specs

Storm

Need some help.. Track bar has to be fixed.. I got a lift..

I need the Torque specs on the following bolts..

(3) bolts that hold Track Bar Mount (they are Ford factory bolts)

(2) bolts on the Track Bar itself.. I know they are 30mm right? Can you confirm.. I know Torque is 369ft/lbs.. Just dont know the exact size.. Dont have any sockets over 22mm

Thanks guys.. I gotta buy tools to fix this.. I dont have anythign that big.. Hell I gotta buy a damn Tq Wrench that will get above 400lbs..

Storm

Also.. Some said if I cant find a 400lb/ft torque wrench.. Or dont want to pay for one.. I torque to 100lb/ft.. then I got 45* past that and it'll get me close to 369.. If I go 90* that'll hit 400lbs.. Is this true??

blacksnapon

Staff member
torque specs

Description Nm lb-ft
Track bar bracket-to-frame nuts and bolts 175 129
Track bar-to-track bar bracket bolt 550 406
Track bar-to-axle nut 250 185
Radius arm-to-bracket nut 300 222
Radius arm-to-axle bolts 300 222
Jounce bumper-to-frame nut 35 26
Stabilizer bar link-to-stabilizer bar nut 150 111
Stabilizer bar link-to-axle nut 80 59
Stabilizer bar retainer-to-frame bolts 48 35
Front shock absorber-to-shock absorber bracket bolt 150 111
Front shock absorber-to-frame nut 63 46
Tie-rod end-to-knuckle nut 115 85
Tie-rod end sleeve adjuster nuts 55 41
Front driveshaft-to-pinion flange bolts 102 76
Front hub and bearing-to-knuckle nuts 180 133
Lower ball joint nut 204 150

Storm

Any idea how to get 400 lbs out of 150lb torque wrench without having to buy another??

blacksnapon

Staff member
Any idea how to get 400 lbs out of 150lb torque wrench without having to buy another??
If I was to guess, either lots of phone calls to locate a loaner, or guess at the approximate torque. Over 400 is a LOT of torque.

Storm

Per Donahoe Racing's instructions on the Trackbar Mount.. It states to torque the bolt to the DR Trackbar Mount to 369lb/ft...

How do I do this with a 150ft wrench.. Does the torque to 100lb/ft then go 45* work? Or do I just need to wiat and order a 600lb/ft torque wrench?

Storm

That is for the DR Adjustable Pan Hard bar (Track Bar).. The big ol 30mm bolt is what goes to 369lb/ft.. Not the mount bolts to the bracket itself..

blacksnapon

Staff member
Dont know, storm. 6.0 head bolts start at like 85 then 90* 3 times, and you end up with like 269 or so.

Storm

Hmm I can try RSC but I dunno..

I can get one from harbor freight for $139 bux.. its 42" long 3/4" drive 600lb/ft.. Same brand as my other Tq Wrenches I got..

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Per Donahoe Racing's instructions on the Trackbar Mount.. It states to torque the bolt to the DR Trackbar Mount to 369lb/ft...

How do I do this with a 150ft wrench.. Does the torque to 100lb/ft then go 45* work? Or do I just need to wiat and order a 600lb/ft torque wrench?

Per the specs Vince posted the factory torque for this bolt is 406 lb/ft. Without the proper torque wrench you will just be guessing. Get the proper tools or let someone who has them do it. Guessing with steering and suspension components can get dangerous in a hurry.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...9&group_ID=954&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

www.toolhawker.net/3-4-Dr.-Split-Be...atchet-Head---200-600-Lb.-Ft._item_33852.aspx

www.mactools.com/Mac/Mac+Products/Catalog/Hand+Tools/Wrenches/Torque/Combination/TWZ600P

Storm

Yeah.. I just got off with Marty and the boys.. 200ft/lb, then 45* and I'll be within the range.. I have no intentions of jumping my truck yet, nor do I have any of wasting $500 on a 600ft/lb torque wrench either.. Least not til christmas :) I need to fix this now and I can't get one to me by then.. Nor do I know anyone who has one that big..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts