Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

For what it is worth

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
I just filed a complaint with the BBB against this transmission shop that "fixed" my truck... Doubt anything will come of it, but what the heck, right.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hope it works out for you. I remember I was considering going through the BBB when I had a shop drill a t-stat bolt out of my block, and I remember it gave me different options for the dispute...like wanting a refund, bring them to small claims, or just grade them with stars. When it was all said and done, I just decided to cut my losses and gave them zero stars. I ended up making that decision, because it didn't sound like the BBB was gonna do much more for me than grade them with their own star system. I figured in the end, word of mouth would probably hurt them worse. I hope you have a different experience, but they didn't seem to care much about a college kid trying to fight the $500 the shop charged him.

around these parts ,people just contact a local TV station that has 2 reporters whose job it is is exposing bad business practices

Once the story hits the airwaves and the bad press starts, they are usually quick to make things right.

Here's what I'm talking about

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/Consumer+SOS/2717198/story.html

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
around these parts ,people just contact a local TV station that has 2 reporters whose job it is is exposing bad business practices

Once the story hits the airwaves and the bad press starts, they are usually quick to make things right.

Here's what I'm talking about

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/Consumer+SOS/2717198/story.html

Funny you mention that... We had a guy in Memphis that did the same thing. I contacted him when I was still waiting on the truck, but he replied that there were other stories ahead...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yep, sorry, but the BBB is a joke. They are NO threat to those of us in business.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts