Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

abs light

i have a 03 f250. the abs light would come on when i hit a bump.
i changed all three sensors and now they stay on.
would a low pad cause it , one wheel has a low pad the rest are good.
we cleaned the sensors first, no change.
where should i start?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Sounds like it was a connection problem at first, and now after you replaced the sensors something got bumped. Alot of the time it's something up with one of the ABS sensor wires. Follow the sensor wires and look for any abbrasions or completely broken connectors. If the sensor wires aren't properly affixed to the inner fender, they can come in contact with some moving parts in the wheel well and slowly wear down until they snap.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Low pad could well cause the ABS light to come on. Did the truck come with an owner's manual? I believe that's what's supposed to happen.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Is it just an abs light on? Low pads will not turn on any lights unless the brake fluid gets low which will give you the red brake light I would recomend having the truck scaned so you can figure out where the problem is without dumping parts into it and spending unneeded money. If you know someone with a scan tool have the abs scaned and get the code, you can give it to us and we'll be able to point you in the right direction. If you go over a bump and the light comes on I would beleive you have a connection problem or a chafed wire someplace.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts