Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

interior cleanup

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
looking for something that'll pull the mud, grime and grease out of the carpets in the F-150 so I can get it sold.

Rug DR.....

blacksnapon

Staff member
looking for something that'll pull the mud, grime and grease out of the carpets in the F-150 so I can get it sold.
I don't take it out, I just put it on 'em! But Donna said at Dollar General Or Family Dollar, there is a product called AWESOME, that is cheap, and works!

Mine in the 89 ranger were horrible after 16 years of using it as a truck (as well as wheeling).

I removed the carpet completely, took it to the local car wash, soaked the carpet (like you do a car), then sprayed it with the high pressure soap (just like a car), when it quit running black (took about $5 to that point)...I started rinsing it with high pressure.

I then let it sit out in the sun (hanging over the bed) for a few days. The carpet looked like new.

I have never seen any carpet cleaner (even professional) that would clean one that well.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Bissel rug Shampoo in the green bottle. Works great on interiors, headliners, etc.

"I put it there too, just trying to get it cleaned now (I splatter painted the interior when I was wheeling with the window down)."

You been out wheelin' with Nick again? He does the same chitt. I swear half the reason he got the Jeep was so he didn't have to listen to me complain about what the truck insides looked like. I can handle the outside- interior takes two or three times as long to clean.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
the bad part Ernie, I had my face damn near out that window at the time.......

Like I said......

gets even better when he takes the dog with him.
What's that one ad, where they come home in the Jeep, the dog's got a completely muddy head, and the guy sez "you're the one that wanted the window open."

Simple Green is one of the best. Dawn DW liquid runs a close second.
If you do it IN-TRUCK or Brian's way, take it home and use a shopvac on it to extract all the moisture. (remove the paper filter first!)

Simple Green is one of the best. Dawn DW liquid runs a close second.
If you do it IN-TRUCK or Brian's way, take it home and use a shopvac on it to extract all the moisture. (remove the paper filter first!)

The shop vac would help a lot. I didn't (don't) have one of those. Fortunately it is really hot here in the summer. :headbang:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
well got it washed, took me $3.00 and damn doing it in 40* is friggen COLD.

Its in the shop now in front of the heater drying and I took some time to clean the seat as well, having a carpet makes this an easier job.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
it ran brown, I didn't go crazy cleaning it just got the big spots and then the general area. Looks great just waiting for it to dry then re install so i can get the front reassembled.

Seat looks great too.

had both my chain saws up front passenger side-the oiler leaked and dirt stuck to the oil used greased lighting from walmart and the shop vac looked great well had to scrub!!! ::)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts