Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

BFG all terrains on the Ford Raptor

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
A local guy has a set of 315/70/17's with 2000 miles for sale off of his Raptor for a pretty decent price. I was pondering these for my '05 F250 PSD (yes, they will fit). (Ben, flame on for the BFG's!)

I did a little digging (and posting on here, no one seems to know, GEN 12'ers I'm looking you're way smilietease ), and found that the tires that come on the Raptors aren't the normal AT's. They are the same load rating, and are a shade shorter than the "normal" BFG AT's in this size, but they have a speed rating of S instead of R.

Anyone know of any other differences???? Like rubber compunds???

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
i dont know specifics but i can give you my opinion of BFG ATs...but i dont think you want to hear it

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
From what I have read, these tires do have more siping, specific to the Raptor A/T's. And other ambiguous comments like 'the tires burn up easier on the pavement', leads me to believe that the rubber compound is softer, but I haven't read anything that just out and out says that. But it would make sense, considering they want you to hook up with that extra power and want the tire to be stickier off the pavement.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
From what I have read, these tires do have more siping, specific to the Raptor A/T's. And other ambiguous comments like 'the tires burn up easier on the pavement', leads me to believe that the rubber compound is softer, but I haven't read anything that just out and out says that. But it would make sense, considering they want you to hook up with that extra power and want the tire to be stickier off the pavement.

yep... from my understanding is they got a totally truck particular tire... which its slightly softer rubber to help grip on & off road...

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Ok, the guy wrote me, $500 takes them.............thoughts?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I say good deal, that's only a buck-25 each...you can barely get the military surplus tires cheaper than that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know Don...I was using the hip and cool vernacular...I guess I failed.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Like I'll be picking them up this weekend, if they pass my inspection.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Well they are sitting in my shed. The look brand new. Great deal at $125 a tire!!!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
A couple of pics, not sure when I'll get them put on.
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good Lee!..I sure like those tires for an all round daily driver.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looking good Lee. Those tires actually look to have alot more siping than standard. And is it my imagination or is that tread pattern a little tighter?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts