Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I ponied up.

And it begins...

Going to machine shop at the end of December.

Picture%20001.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Go big or go home. Plans??????

I have not decided on a combo yet, been kicking around some ideas... I have a budget it mind, and for some reason my budgets are alway breached, so I might build a little milder than planned.... Gotta find the deals!

Probably 4.3" stroke for 521 inches (Scat stuff), 10.5:1 on 91 octane, SCJA heads prepared by Randy at RMCompetition, Solid cam, etc...

Looking for 525-600 H.P.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oughta make for a fun driver.

is this going into the mercury? aint you gonna drag this truck and show it also?

Yea, this is going into the Merc.

I'll be racing this truck, well... Steet/Strip. No shows for me... I can't afford to have my truck look good and go fast at the same time! Besides, I plan on painting it myself.

'hiding_smilie'

Second, cheaper option I have been playing with is a 501 inch motor, with Pro-Comp, yes Pro-Comp heads prepared by Randy.

Big misconception with the Pro-Comp aluminum castings. The castings are actually quite good, and are comparable to a moderately ported D0VE or similar head, but in aluminum.

Randy goes through the heads, hone's the valve guides, good valve job and quality stainless valves. All this along with some hand porting to blend any radius's and raised edges.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Paint! Paint! Paint!

Block is back. Started the oil gallery modifications/de-burring.

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Created a dedicated oil gallery for the dist. gear. Paul Kane is the man behind that idea.

Picture024.jpg

Thanks for looking!

OIL GALLEY

Not Gallery

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sure is purdy...now that the block is back...any more specific details on the direction you're planning on going?

OIL GALLEY

Not Gallery

The word "galley" is nothing but a misspelling of the term "gallery." Either term can be, and is used all the time. I use both.

Hey Ryan!

An oil gallery is a passage way through the block that supplies oil to the main bearings, lifters, etc...

PS+ Mil1ion... Don't argue this, because I really don't care.

Sure is purdy...now that the block is back...any more specific details on the direction you're planning on going?

Right now it's looking like 4.3" stroke and 4.39" bore for 521 inches. P-51 heads, the TFS mafia intake, 1150 Dominator by Pro-Systems.

Haven't decided on a camshaft yet, as far as lifters are concerned. Would like to go solid roller, but being a engine that will see the street, roller lifter life might be compromised.

Nothing is set in stone though!!

Have a good day Ben!

Last edited:
The word "galley" is nothing but a misspelling of the term "gallery." Either term can be, and is used all the time. I use both.

Hey Ryan!

An oil gallery is a passage way through the block that supplies oil to the main bearings, lifters, etc...

PS+ Mil1ion... Don't argue this, because I really don't care.

The only time I've seen "galley" mispelled as " gallery" is on chevy blocks.
smilietease

The only time I've seen "galley" mispelled as " gallery" is on chevy blocks.
smilietease

Hahaha :headbang:

PS+ Mil1ion... Don't take what I said to harshly, I was in a bad mood! Sorry... I'll still call it a gallery though.

Galley = kitchen on a boat :p

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts