Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heater Help Please

I removed 302 from my non-AC,'84 F250.I put it in my (was a 460) other '84 F250 that had AC.I hooked heater hoses up to inlet / outlet on heater core in the engine bay.There are two hoses coming THROUGH the firewall I zip tied to the jack holder (I guess they are AC).Also coolant flows freely through heater core,so it's not clogged.
I'm getting no heat.Do the heater hoses have to be connected to heater core in a certain direction?(flow)
The two rubber AC hoses coming through firewall are different sizes,is it ok to leave them hanging there unplugged?
I've checked for clogs,controls are correct,coolant level good.
My other truck had ok heat,so I could use that stuff,but all this stuff seems like it should work.I've searched this site for 2 days (I'm not good w/computers)and can't find any diagrams,or pics.
Thank You for any help
Larry

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Since nobody else has jumped in here I've give it my best shot. My 86 is non air so I don't have ac to compare it to.

Check section 3-10 in the Haynes Manual. It shows the vacuum controlled "heater function control motor and bracket assy" for the ac unit. I believe it controls the heat blend door that switches from ac to heat. I'd guess your problem is related to that.

Heater hose routing is basic as I recall - the heater inlet should connect to the nipple off the intake manifold.

Last edited:
thanks

thanks,yeah..my problem is all AC junk is gone except two rubber hoses goin' through fire wall.I put in 185* thermo-stat,& temp gauge,engine is only reaching 160*.So I guess 195*thermo-stat is next??? I think the heater might warm up if I can get engine to ever warm up.
Thanks again
Larry

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
heater hoses don't matter, a core isn't directional, but hold your hand on the heater hoses while the heat control is on. if there is heat on the hoses, you have a bad blend door. if not, you have a clogged heater core.if the blend door is not closed, you have no heat. on top of the box under the hood, there is a small vacum motor, that opens/closes a door. make sure that the vacum line is hooked up.see if you can push it by hand, to make it move. if the core is plugged up, the a/c type is easy to change, through the glove box door.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts