Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

four barrel Cleveland heads

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Subscribed...I dunno much about these heads, but I believe Bax does...so if he doesn't reply, you may wanna send him a PM.

it says
"Cobra Jet" casting number D3ZE-AA
- valve sizes: 2.198" (intake), 1.715" (exhaust)
that is the 4 barral heads everyone is looking for....Right?

looks right to me.
CJ D1ZE-DA
D3ZE-AA
4V (Open) 74-77 cc 2.19" 1.71" 2.50 x 1.75" 2.00 x 1.74"

Am i missing something?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Never mind my dyslexia has been in high gear today. the numbers match up.
Been coding and debugging (programing)all day and my mind is fried for the day.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Pardon my ignorance...those heads will bolt up to a 400, and then you'd need to swap intakes? And that's it?

Fl.
The casting # is correct for the valves in the head. You have a big port large valve head commonly found on the pantera. The head is the least desirable of the 4v heads. save your money unless you have a good use for them. I like the closed chamber head much better. For our street trucks the closed chamber small port aussie head is a great choice.

Last edited:

nevrenufhp

California Chapter member
A few years ago I bought a pair of closed chamber 4V heads for $200, and they were bare(no valves or anything). Since the ones your talking about are in good shape, it sounds like a good deal to me. You can plan for an open chamber head with the right pistons. If you still have 8:1, and no plans on swapping out pistons to bring the compression up, it wouldnt be worth the effort & expense.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts