Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Iphone app

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ummmm.... What?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The other site has something similar for android (not sure about iPhone...) and it's really not that wonderful. Would be the same as reading on the browser, just visually organized more for a phone.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
My main request is just a new skin that has larger, more finger friendly buttons. The button that I click the most is the little tiny box next to the thread titles which takes me to the "first new post" in that thread. It's tiny and very hard to click on the iPhone without first zooming in on it.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
My main request is just a new skin that has larger, more finger friendly buttons. The button that I click the most is the little tiny box next to the thread titles which takes me to the "first new post" in that thread. It's tiny and very hard to click on the iPhone without first zooming in on it.

I feel your pain. It would be nice, but I can live without it.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I can read the site on my ipod touch ok. Some stuff is hard to click though.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Don't get me wrong-- I browse from my iPhone all the time (doing it right now writing this post). It would just be a lot nicer with a finger friendly skin and it wouldn't be that hard to implement.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
One of the jeep forums that I go to has an iphone app. It is a lot easier than just browsing.

I was just surprised when I searched for an app for FTF. Especially when scan works for apple.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
In order to make an FTF app I would need access to a lot of the backend stuff in the site-- and I don't have that.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
ok, so we don't have an FTF app but you can view the site using an app called forumrunner. If you go to the site using your mobile phone it should notify you that the site can be viewed with this app and direct you to purchase it.

Let me know what you guys think.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Should be a good option. Some of the screen shots look promising for touch screen usability. Good find! Thanks for installing the plugin, Scott.

Did you say it was only around $2 for everyone, Scott? Might be a good option for those of you out there willing to spring for the app.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Should be a good option. Some of the screen shots look promising for touch screen usability. Good find! Thanks for installing the plugin, Scott.

Did you say it was only around $2 for everyone, Scott? Might be a good option for those of you out there willing to spring for the app.

Ryan

On android there is a free "lite" version and then a full $1.99 version. Should be the same for the iphone.

I downloaded the free version on my phone and it seems to work pretty good. On the android version you download the app and then open it, then go to forum browser and find the cars category, scroll down to Ford and FTF should be listed there. Once you get the click on menu and add to your favorites and it should be easy to find each time.

Hope this works well for everyone and you enjoy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts