Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

confused update

well after drying out and it seems that it tried to go into 4 hibh and low but just quickly after i took it back outside it stopped working again. so i bought a new switch for the dash to no evail...still not working whats the chances it is the motor that puts it in and out of 4 wheel dr. where is that located and would anyone know how much im looking at to purchase another?:headbang:

I had similar troubles on on a '99 , I priced a selector diaphram( which was located on top of the front axle) for the auto hubs at the local autozone for $95 and change. However I bought the same thing at a junk yard for $5 bucks,after replacing to no avail, I found out it was a torn vacuum line. And a vacuum acuator switch ( that was located by passenger side firewall )that switched vacuum when 4wd was engaged.

I tried the switch on mine too. it didn't work. There is also another actuator on the transfer case. My cousin has a manual transfer case in his rolled truck. I am thinking about putting it in and adding manual lockouts. The issue with that is a buddy told me the warn aftermarket lockouts are not nearly as HD as the stock ford.. so from one dilemma to another..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts