Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

11 Digit Ser# Decode

I got an old Ford motorhome and don't even know the year. I have an eleven digit ser. # and need it decoded.Can anyone help the number is E37HHEH6087 Also this is the first time I have used your site and want to say HY...

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I've never decoded an Econoline before since I don't have any info on them, but i'll use my F-Series stuff to try and help ya out.

E37-Most likely denotes an Econoline motor home
H-Engine, Not sure. Look for your Catalyst sticker on the radiator support. It should say Engine family, and then a number.number. Post that up and we can tell you the engine.
H-Lorain, Ohio assembly plant
EH6087-Sequence of assembly. It's not well known what the first two letters are in the sequence of assembly, this was an 1980 older thing only. I have yet to find someone who knows what these two letters may mean.

Hope this helps. The 1980-previous vins don't really give out much info. Your year should be on the driver's door or the body where the striker is.

Last edited:
E37HHEH6087

E37 = 350 chassis cab = Motorhome

H = 35W
H = Lorain Oh

EH6087 - March 1979 build

I know most of them by Memory and then there is data I have to verify

1979BuildCodes.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Dennis, I greatly appreciate you posting that, because now I see what the HD in the vin for my F100 stands for. My F100 ends in HD0580, so i'm guessing by your diagram that HD is for December 1979. Pretty cool man!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts