Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

7.3 Water Pump

So a got 2000 F250 Power Stroke. I had it since it was new and now the water pump is leaking. O’reilly’s has a new one with pipes for 150 bucks and a reman for 99 and some change with out the pipes. Do I need new pipes with water pump or not? What is the best way to go with this? They both carry a life time warranty, and I don’t mind using the same pipes the look in good shape.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Personally I would go with the new one. I always try to go new over reman with most stuff if the prices are close enough. I've had some trouble with reman parts in the past so I try to stick with new parts when I can.

Thanks, I think I will go with the remain one. It is 99.00, cheaper and has a life time warranty, but no hose pipes. For me money wise, for right now this is the logical way to go. I will totally agree with the new vs. remanufactured. They also have new ones on Ebay for about 80 bucks shipped…but I don’t trust them either.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts