Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

De Tomaso

ztorx.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dunno why, but that car is appealing to me.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Always loved them... Specially in white!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid Back when I helped out at a bodyshop, they had one in...wasn't crunched or anything, perhaps getting a detail. I do recall the engine having a pile of gold plating on it and I would guess either 8 Weber carbs or some kind of FI>

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid Back when I helped out at a bodyshop, they had one in...wasn't crunched or anything, perhaps getting a detail. I do recall the engine having a pile of gold plating on it and I would guess either 8 Weber carbs or some kind of FI>

8 carbs on a 351C?

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
8 carbs on a 351C?

Might have been as it had 8 individual velocity stacks, or it might have been FI as I recall 8 individual lines on the intake. I can't remember anymore that that really...the suspension was all billet DeTomaso engraved...we are talking nearly 30 years ago...I can't recall much more.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Is this the car?
if it is
it is a very well known car in the De Tomaso community
and has been around a Loooong time.
the car was originally owned by George Peloquin
the car was known as Pure Gold
George is dead now
but the car lives on. (new owner)
this is really a Display car Not
a Daily Driver but fun to see.
gtgn.jpg

tljv.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Really tough to say, I don't remember it having that much gold, but more could have been added. This was also up in Calgary, Canada...the billet stuff looks somewhat the same as do those nice fat boots....really do wish I could remember. I will check with a friend who worked at that body shop, which was a concours type place (and still is).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts