Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

460 shorty headers

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
Looking for a set of headers that will work with a 460 and 4x4. I figure shorties will fit the best, but I'm having a hard time finding them. It's in a '85 f-350. Any info would be a big help, and thanks.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you are upgrading your exhaust system, go with long tubes. Short style headers don't offer enough of an improvement to out weigh the cost and work involved to install them.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you are upgrading your exhaust system, go with long tubes. Short style headers don't offer enough of an improvement to out weigh the cost and work involved to install them.

True, but shorties are an improvement over stock and sometimes fitment is better.

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
Had long tubes, but couldn't get the driver side to work with 4x4. Had to cut them up to make it work, thus i would like a set of shorties to make it work better.

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
I like the long tubes, but with the winter aproaching, having the 4x4 hooked up and working was more important. I wouldn't be aginst a set of long tubes if they will stay out of the way of the drivetrain.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts