Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Look what I found on Fleabay!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ranger-F-100-XL-Explorer-6cyl-Brown-Tan-/180583365668?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a0b9b7c24

!B7qb1JQCWk~$(KGrHqUOKiUEyZBdWQFHBM01RJ)DUg~~_12.JPG

!B7qb)Yg!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKogEy+jC025(BM01R!,-c!~~_12.JPG

This one is a short bed though, and a Ranger trim truck. It has the same hub caps my truck came with. I still hate that color interior though.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah, that interior is pretty awful...

6-cyl 2wd auto doesn't exactly rock my socks, but I've been thinking about what I might pick up as a project if (when) my '97 goes to that great highway in the sky...and a gen-7 does have a certain appeal. 4-speed, for sure...but I'm not sure if I'd want to go for a 4x4 (I-6 or V8), or a 2wd (V8).

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I didn't even like that color interior when it was in my truck. And mine was all faded.

modelsandemblems436.jpg

As for an I6 4x2 Auto 7th gen, definitely no frills. Unfortunately, neither is the stock 302. You're gonna have to go 351M or 351W before a 7th gen will be a stock performer.

I need more low end torque than HP for what I will be doing with the F100, so the 300 suits me great.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You guys are crazy... That's got to be one of my favorite all time designs/color combos for interior. No, not kidding.

Maybe it reminds me of my childhood or something...

Ryan

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Geez Ryan, I hated that interior with a passion. It looks okay in a truck with the same outer color, but it really didn't go with my outer color combo. That and the woodgrain trim blends in too much.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ahh, I thought you liked the color.

I like the wood grain too. Gives it a touch of the outdoors. I like the black interior, because it really accentuates the wood grain.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Not a bad looking truck to get and fix up and a Explorer models are getting harder to find.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Oh yea, Explorers are still around. What's hard to find is one which still has the emblems. The emblems are really good about falling off. And if you don't know all the different packages the Explorer came with, you'll never know the truck is an Explorer.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts