Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Diesel Converstion

Tlee2552

Georgia Chapter member
I have a 2000 F-250 5.4L Triton V8. I have done pretty much all i can to my truck as is, and i don't plan on ever selling it, so the next step i imagine, would be converting my 5.4L to a Powerstroke Diesel. My question is, does anyone know if this will work, which engine i should use, and any general information you have. Thanks!

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have a 2000 F-250 5.4L Triton V8. I have done pretty much all i can to my truck as is, and i don't plan on ever selling it, so the next step i imagine, would be converting my 5.4L to a Powerstroke Diesel. My question is, does anyone know if this will work, which engine i should use, and any general information you have. Thanks!
It will be somewhat expensive. If you were to use a 7.3, parts would be easier to locate because the 7.3 was available in the 2000. Purchasing the complete fuel, computer, wiring, mounting, suspension (the 7.3 is heavier than the 5.4), trans and related driveline components might be cost prohibitive.

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
gonna be super tough to swap engines with that 8" of lift.

How you figure that? Just set it on jackstands, with no wheels/tires on it.

And I guess it depends on the lift, I assume they have different ones for gas and diesel trucks. You might have to locate a set of front leafs, for a diesel. depending on how much it sets it down.

Tlee2552

Georgia Chapter member
Alright, Thanks for the info guys, im going to ask some shops around and see what they come up with also.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I'd say the weight will squat your lift down yes. Chris, all he's gotta do is pull the front clip....that'll be the easiest way all around in terms of new wiring and fabrication.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts