Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1981 F100 Clutch Linkage

Hey I have a problem want to see if anybody can help me with a solution. I have an 81 F100 302 V8 with a three speed. The Clutch ball stud has broken off in the block.
I know that I have got to drill the broken piece out but I can't find a replacement part anywhere. I called the dealer, APC, Carquest, Napa etc.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find this part or any ideas?
Thanks, Tony

blacksnapon

Staff member
I believe you're salvage yard bound.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hey I have a problem want to see if anybody can help me with a solution. I have an 81 F100 302 V8 with a three speed. The Clutch ball stud has broken off in the block.
EOTZ7A572C .. Equalizer Bar Pivot Assy-Engine Side / Obsolete

Fits: 1980/83 F100 230 (3.8L V6) 255/302 / 1980/83 F150/350 & Bronco 302/351W.

This is a one piece assembly. The ball stud is swagged onto a bracket...which bolts to the block.

Shown here: 1980/89 Ford Light Truck Parts Catalog / Illustration Section 75, Page 3. Mil1ion has this parts catalog, can scan and post this pic.

No need to go to a junkyard, because...

TISON MOTOR CO. in Estill SC has ONE = 803-625-2551.

PARTS INTERNATIONAL in Farmers Branch TX has ONE = 888-727-0418.

High Buck! BOB ALLEN FORD in Overland Park KS has ONE = 800-676-0675.

COLLECTORS AUTO SUPPLY in Oroville WA has TWO = 800-414-4462.

Tison will prolly be the cheapest, Allen the most expensive.

Don't forget to replace the nylon bushings the equalizer bar rides on. This is why the ball stud broke, the bushing fell apart, then the equalizer bar was riding on the metal stud.

There are two bushings, one on the frame side pivot, t'other on the engine side pivot.

Last edited:
Hey Bill (The Ford King),
Thank you very much! I called SC this morning and they are trying to locate the part and will give me a call back. You have saved me so much time, stress and hassle. I can't thank you enough! Thank you!
Tony

Clutch Linkage

I just wanted to update. SC never called me back, so I got in touch with Texas. The part with a new bushing cost me $83.00 + shipping. Talked with Doug and he was very helpful, he even faxed me pictures to make sure I was ordering the correct parts.
It took me less than 30 min to install. It seems that my truck was missing the plate that the stud was suppose to be apart of. So all I had to do was remove two bolts and mount the new assembly in place. Very easy fix with the right part.
Thanks, Tony

I know that I have got to drill the broken piece out but I can't find a replacement part anywhere. I called the dealer, APC, Carquest, Napa etc.
Thanks, Tony

Try to have other dealers or parts that you can think of in order to make things work for your problem there. Otherwise, try to search for resources in order to make things work out for your vehicle needs.

Thanks, Tony

Again, try to really check on the parts in order to really make things work out. in that way, things shall be well. Hope all is well by now.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Again, try to really check on the parts in order to really make things work out. in that way, things shall be well. Hope all is well by now.
The part has been located (by myself) and installed on the truck. The OP is as happy as a clam.

I've found 100's of NOS obsolete parts for people in the four years I've been on Ford truck forums.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts