Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Leveling thoughts?

Just wondering if anyone has built their own leveling kit? I've been wanting to level my 06 s-crew 4x4, and have studied the kits pretty closely. They are really simple, it seems to me that a lot of people would be building their own. All that's needed is a couple of pieces of plate and some pipe, drill some holes and you're set. Anyone done this?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
its so cheap why not just buy it? by the time you have invested in building the leveling kit and parts for it, it'd been worth it just to buy it.

the way i think bout it by the time you get done building the leveling kit, you would've already had the one you bought, installed and on the road....

Yeah, thinking about the spacers. I understand their not very expensive, but I also have all the material to build them already, and as a rule would rather build somthing myself instead of buy it if possible. Nothing like being able to say I did it all myself, know what I mean?

Aw, what the heck. I ordered a set from Hell Bent Steel tonight, only 69 bucks shipped free. I gotta buy tires soon, and I want to be able to upsize, not be waiting on myself to build spacers.

So I got the spacers on Monday, installed on Monday night. First side took about 1.5 hours, 2nd side just over .5 hours. Having all the tools out and the experience from the 1st side made the 2nd side real quick. Got it aligned today, and getting the tires installed tommorow. 295/70/17/s, Nitto Terra Grapplers. Getting pretty excited to see how it looks, but am a little scared it might be a little to high in the front, may have to add a leaf in the back. I measured before I ordered the spacers, it was almost 3" low in the front. Now (before alignment) it was about a 1/4" high in the front. I don't know if it will settle down a little bit after driving it, or if it's just gonna set that high. Oh well, if it's high in the front I'll add a leaf and go with 35's next time I need tires! Love excuses to get bigger tires!

Ha! Got the alignment done, tires installed and it sits just right, maybe just a c-hair low in the front, but looks just right. I just got back from picking it up from the tire shop, to dark for any pics. I'll try and get some tommorow, if not then over the weekend. It looks just right, tough! I really like it!

Here's a couple of pics, I'm standing next to the truck for comparison. I'm 6'2" tall, and the truck is taller than I am by a couple 3". I like it, I've put a couple of hundred miles on it this weekend, and it drives just as good as before, although you can feel it sits higher. It's also a little harder to judge where the front of the truck is, if you're trying to get close to somthing. I think I'll get used to that tho.

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums...eveled/?action=view&current=Fordpics010-1.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts