Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bronco seats in a truck. Writeup kinda.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Got tired of the collapsed seat in the 86 and went to a junkyard here and got me some bronco seats out of a gen 9 they are power lumbar and blue cloth and are in fair shape drivers side has a couple small rips in it and the passenger side has the arm rest broke off but I took the bracket out of it and I think I can make another. For those of you that want to do this in the future its a bolt in affair but ya need to drill new holes for both seats and the center console. I had to put spacers under the right side rail of the passenger seat to get it to sit level (might be the carpet or the differences in the cabs). Drivers side went in fine with no spacers. The console I wasnt able to get my drill in the front two holes so I just drilled the back hole and ran the front screws into the carpet holds fine like that and aint goin anywhere.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I don't know if the single cab is different than the super cab as far as the floor goes, but from what i've heard on the super cab trucks you can just bolt the bronco seats to the F-Series frames and be done with it.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I don't know if the single cab is different than the super cab as far as the floor goes, but from what i've heard on the super cab trucks you can just bolt the bronco seats to the F-Series frames and be done with it.

The seat sits a little farther back in a SC but not enough to really tell. With a regular cab has that little shelf in the back of the floorboard so it mounts a little different. I done one my self on a 85 I use to have. and I had a 94 SC not much room to get it the back because of the seat tracks. I plan on doing it again to my 88.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Got tired of the collapsed seat in the 86 and went to a junkyard here and got me some bronco seats out of a gen 9 they are power lumbar and blue cloth and are in fair shape drivers side has a couple small rips in it and the passenger side has the arm rest broke off but I took the bracket out of it and I think I can make another. For those of you that want to do this in the future its a bolt in affair but ya need to drill new holes for both seats and the center console. I had to put spacers under the right side rail of the passenger seat to get it to sit level (might be the carpet or the differences in the cabs). Drivers side went in fine with no spacers. The console I wasnt able to get my drill in the front two holes so I just drilled the back hole and ran the front screws into the carpet holds fine like that and aint goin anywhere.

Dan I bet it looks good. and that is a nice upgrade. Post some pictures so we can see what it looks like now.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Finally got around to gettin some pics of it. Still need seat covers but theyre fine for now.
004-14.jpg

Heres from the back. They are kinda tall but I think when they wear out ill get some from the same year bronco.
005-11.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dan...those buckets look really good in there. I'd like to get a set for the Bronco and get the damn Corbeau's out...but the PO welded everything directly together.:headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ooooh...hahaha, sorry. Naw, the welds and brakets were paint matched to the exterior color.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts