Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 97 Cobra Detail

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
Ok guys, last Saturday, went to my buddy's house to wash and detail his 97 Cobra Vert. It had been sitting since May 10' awaiting a new tranny. he finally got one and his car needed a detailing BAD! His paint literally felt like fine grit sand paper. If you rubbed your finger across the paint, it sounded like it too.

I ran into a few problems that I could not do some of the things I would have liked to do, so before you say anything, let me explain. This guy lives on a dirt road, so I did NOT shine the wheels. It would have looked like crap with one drive over the road. Secondly, the carpet. I didnt have anything in my arsenal of products to tackle his carpet, its was pretty bad. other than that, the car turned out great! The paint is NICE and smooth! I had to throw my clay bar away after getting done with this car!

My Process:

• Rinsed the car extremely well
  • hand washed twice (changed out water in bucket)
  • rinsed again really well
  • pulled into basement (it started to rain)
  • dried really well with microfiber towels.
  • Claybarred with Meguiar's Clay Bar kit (you wouldnt believe the stuf that came off of his paint)

Next we used the Meguiar's 3-Step Deep Crystal System to prepare paint.
  • used Meguiar's Paint Cleaner on every pody Panel using Microfiber applicator
  • Used Meguiar's Paint Polish on every body panle using Microfiber applicator
  • Used Meguiar's Cleaner Carnauba Wax
  • Used Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax

(To clarify, we handed every panel of the car at a time. We started on hood and used all the above products, thenmoved to the next panel)

After we did the whole exterior I wiped down all the exterior plastic with Meguiar's Natural Shine interior shine.

Then we tackled the interior which consisted of

• wiping all interior panels down with degreaser cleaner
  • vacuuming with shopvac
  • shining with Meguiar's Natural Shine interior shine

we finished everything by cleaning the glass with Invisible glass cleaner and giving the car a final wipedown with a soft Microfiber Towel.

Sorry no before pics

These pics were taken the evening of:

Cobra003.jpg

Cobra001.jpg

Cobra004.jpg

Cobra005.jpg

Cobra008.jpg

Cobra009.jpg

Cobra010.jpg

Cobra011.jpg

Cobra007.jpg

The next day in sunlight:

Cobra016.jpg

Cobra017.jpg

Cobra018.jpg

Cobra014.jpg

Cobra013.jpg

Cobra019.jpg

I was not really prepared in the taking pics department. My camera is at home, I have better pics on it ill get up. The ones with the date are his pics.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good! Wanna do mine? Offtopic but I see they still put inspection stickers in the middle of the windshield for Va. There is one on my 73 from one of the previous owners.

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
better pics, finally found my camera

DSCF3290.jpg

DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3286.jpg

DSCF3285.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg

DSCF3283.jpg

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
lol, no there is a drain kind of like a threshold at the bottom of the door the width of the entrance there

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts