Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need some input on intake manifolds for 351c

Ok I got my truck running but found another problem... I have a hole in my intake manifold and it was leaking coolant. Plugged it with JB weld for now but I am looking for a replacement intake and don't really expect the patch job to hold for too long. I have found a few stock ones from the local junk yards but at the same time I am looking to upgrade. I am looking for an intake that will give more power at the lower power band between 1500-3500rpms.

Whats the recommendation for the intake and a replacement carb as well. This thing eats gas already so I would like to find something in the middle of Power and gas efficiency and something that is a cost effective.

I have noticed that some intakes are for the 2v C or for the 4v. How can I tell which style 351C I have?

I have a 85 f150 4x4.

SNC00047.jpg

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
like i said in the other thread, you have a Windsor not a Cleveland, Clevelands werent produced after 74 and NEVER were in a truck from the factory.

now onto you question, which type of carb do you have? is it a 2 barrel or 4 barrel.

the 2v and 4v is just another way of them say which carb it is...

if your going aftermarket, get a 4 bbl carb and intake....

I don't remember that but I just looked again and damn insert foot into mouth. OK so I have the 2bbl carb and am looking at a 4bbl carb with a matching intake.

I had a weird set-up in my last project. 64 Ranchero with a 302 dual holly 4bbl carb with high rise intake but the intake wasn't a holly. It was something diffrent but I can't remember the brand. Thing was a beast and was real bad on gas but super fun to hot rod around. Not looking to do this now but I would mind....

Fellro

Staff member
Pretty much any Windsor intake will work. The carb does not have to match the intake brand either. Wouldn't be too surprised to find the dual intake would be something like an Offenhauser.

i would like to see some good pics of the aussie cleveland engine.from the pics i have seen they look nothing like the north american cleveland.they look more like windsors from the top.nobody i've asked from down under will ever take pics of their engines to show us these are real clevelands.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
You didn't say just America, you said any truck from factory.
US/Canada 351C = 1970/74 Passenger Cars & Ranchero's only.

Since most people on Ford related internet sites are from these two countries, what Ford did 'Down Under' doesn't apply.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts