Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dennis Carpenter Cab to Frame mounting kit

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Got the kit today, but have questions about the parts. If any of you have received the kit C7TZ-5400-S from Dennis Carpenter, can you help me out? The bushings were marked with the serial number that coincides with the instructions, but the all the numbers on the bushings were not clearly marked. The washers were all different sizes, and I only received 2 nuts instead of 4. Here are my questions...

1) There were 4 different washer sizes. The smallest one's were easy to figure out where they go, but the other 3 I am unsure of.
a) 2 large washers
b) 2 a little smaller than A above
c) 4 a little smaller than B above

2) Also, There were 2 sizes of sleeves. I assume one size goes on the front and the other on the back, but which is which? Cannot tell from the instructions.

3) I only received 2 nuts. Shouldn't there be 4?

4) One last thing on the bushings themselves. I can easily differentiate between the front and back top bushings as they are different shapes, but want to verify on the front and rear bottom bushings. Do the smaller one's go on the front or the back.

Thank you in advance,
Steven

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
To answer questions 1, 2, and 4 I have no idea.

Question 3, you'll have to talk to the man upstairs :rofl2:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Steven...I can't help you either, but they're really good on the phone out there. Try giving them a call and see if they can't point you in the right direction...be sure to take notes though.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Steven...I can't help you either, but they're really good on the phone out there. Try giving them a call and see if they can't point you in the right direction...be sure to take notes though.

Thanks Ben. I e-mailed them the same message I posted here last night, mainly because I had the kit right in front of me so the questions were easier. Had I done it today I would have probably forgotten half of what I asked.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts