Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hey Smokey

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Getting close to beginning my first lead-filling. Am going to remove the fuel cell and bench seat, along with the rubbing matting on the floor. Got a question for you on converting my lead 1lb ingots into a more workable size/shape. Have read several places where it is as simple as getting some angle iron and melting the led ingots in the iron, which would serve as a sort of mold. Any issues? Not sure what to put on the angle iron first to keep the lead from sticking to it.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Steven (aka brothers in lead)

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
No not ignoring you. Been busier than a one armed paper hanger.
Between working and the daughter being sick. Was in the ER with her till 03:00 am. Got home and to sleep about 04:30 then back up at 07:00 and on the road doing service calls put about 150 miles on the car today.
As for your question angle works great I just hit it with candle or pariffin wax unless you have mold release paste.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Sorry to hear about your daughter. Is she doing ok now?

Thanks for the advice. Will pick up some pariffin at the store this weekend. There should be plenty, as people are preparing to put up preserves.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
She's doing OK.
The ER doctors could find nothing wrong with her after loads of tests. She is having pains around the base of her ribcage on and off to the point she can barely breathe. I will make a appointment for her with our regular doc to see what she can find. I am thinking it is muscle spasms doing this but I am not a Doctor only a lowly EMT that has studied for Paramedic.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
My youngest had a febrele seizure a few months back. Scared us to death. Needless to say we rushed him to the emergency room. After several hours and several tests they told us what it was and that if you were going to have a seizure, this is the one to have.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Those are fairly common in small children with high temps when ill. Over all they are nothing to worry about. For the parent they are far more traumatic.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Strange thing is neither my wife nor I had ever heard of them. Next thing we know about 6 of her friends had children that had had one. One of the children had one while sleeping on her back and she died. They told us if it happened again to just lay him down on the floor and put him on his side. Watch to make sure his lips don't turn blue and note how long he was seizing. When it happened I did probably the worst thing you could do. I picked him up and was trying to comfort him. Randy, I don't ever want to have my wife and I go through that again. It was horrifying.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts