Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Confessions of a Cleanaholic

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
Haha, spent 4 1/2 hours on the truck today. It was great! I got my front water spigot fixed so I dont have to wash the truck in the grass behind the house anymore!

Today's fun consisted of:

• wash with Meguiars Deep Crystal Wash
  • dried twice with microfiber towels
  • vacuumed with shop vac
  • interior detailed with Meguiars Natural Shine (good stuff)
  • windows cleaned inside and out with Invisible Glass and a glass cloth
  • waxed with Meguiars Cleaner Carnauba wax
  • wheels polished with Merquiars Hot Wheels and Mothers Powerball

I dont use tire shine because i got tired of it slinging over my truck and also on Sundays, I go see Sara at her dads and he has a gravel driveway and I dont like a dirt ring around my tires either

I then went to get my "Dead End" pic for another forum and drove all over BFE looking for a dead end. fianlly found a place to whore the truck.
DSCF3251.jpg

DSCF3253.jpg

DSCF3254.jpg

DSCF3255.jpg

DSCF3256.jpg

DSCF3258.jpg

DSCF3259.jpg

DSCF3260.jpg

DSCF3261.jpg

DSCF3262.jpg

DSCF3263.jpg

DSCF3264.jpg

DSCF3266.jpg

DSCF3267.jpg

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
There's something wrong with you, bo-ah.

No, the truck looks great. Nice work.

Ryan

lol, i think i have cleaning OCD.

No really, cleaning my truck is something I enjoy doing. It is a great stress reliever for me(from the workweek and all). I just crank up the classic rock station and go to town on her.. Plus I work at a granite quarry, so I have to wash it once a week or else. Some consider it a chore to wash a vehicle, i consider if good times. Also when you wash a truck, you know everything about it. That is how I found out I had a rear pinion seal leak that I have to fix this week. I was polishing my wheels last week and noticed it.

No really, cleaning my truck is something I enjoy doing. It is a great stress reliever for me(from the workweek and all). I just crank up the classic rock station and go to town on her.. Plus I work at a granite quarry, so I have to wash it once a week or else. Some consider it a chore to wash a vehicle, i consider if good times. Also when you wash a truck, you know everything about it. That is how I found out I had a rear pinion seal leak that I have to fix this week. I was polishing my wheels last week and noticed it.

I enjoy sex for stress reliefsmilieleghump

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
ROFL, me too

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Looks great!

Now, to really get on top of your game, do what my BIL the Engineer did- have hot water piped to the front spigot as well. Wasn't too bad to do- water heaters are in the garage.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I'm exactly the same way with all my vehicles...not just my 77. It's one of the things I really enjoy after working all week and is a stress reliever for me as well.

Looks good.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Looks great!

Now, to really get on top of your game, do what my BIL the Engineer did- have hot water piped to the front spigot as well. Wasn't too bad to do- water heaters are in the garage.

Some relatives (with whom I lived for a couple months) did that when they built their dream house.

I think part of the idea was to be able to wash the dog off when he got into something disgusting, too.

As far as cleaning...it's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like you've added the rear inner-fender liners Ford used to put in Rangers. Do you do anything to keep dust/dirt from migrating up through the bedside and into the bed? Or just wash it off when it gets there?

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts