Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

well she is gonna kill me

econo61

head pervert
okla
lets see, got the model a last month, picked up 2 more econos this week, and now a new computer!

i think i may die when the wife finds out.

by the way, vista seems pretty nice after a few minutes of it!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hahah I'm prayin' for you buddy. And yeah, Vista's got a few quirks but overall its pretty nice. I've got it dual-booted on my PC with XP Pro and just recently switched back to XP as my norm after using Vista for several months. After all the fun flashy stuff in Vista wears off you start to hate it's flaws much more :p

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
hey now, my vista is smooth as butter, and I'm even on 64 bit.

Econo... may God be with your soul. I pray you don't wake up dead from wifey.

Ryan

been there done that.......nice knowing ya econo. i don't think you stand a snowballs chance in hell. she will find out.

econo61

head pervert
okla
uh oh, she has discovered me! oh no! everyone run for cover, she's gonna explode! aghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

yes dear,,,,,, yes i know it was expensive,,,,,,,,,, no dear i couldnt have gotten a better deal online,,,,,,,,,,, why didnt i get a printer too???????
i realy have no idea, but if you want we can go pick one up!

yes dear i will be ready to go in a couple of minutes.

[hot damn! i get a new scan fax copy printer too!]

oh hell, i can see new furniture coming!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hahahaha ohhhh man. This is the "it's okay hunny, I don't mind, buy whatever you want" stage. Next will be "what do you mean we can't remodel the kitchen!?! remember all that CRAP I let YOU buy?!?"

Last edited:
"sorry, Hon... you never used the LAST kitchen I bought you..."

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No no, I do like Vista. But it still has a lot of bugs, which I suppose is typical of Windows in general. I've actually become much more biased towards Mac's recently, the operating system is just flawless.

I used Vista for several months and ever after only a couple months of my normal usage (maybe considered power usage by a normal user?) it already started to bog down quite a bit... The fancy visual effects contribute to this too...

My biggest quaff with Vista is that it does really unexpected things, and trying to diagnose these things is hard because the settings are really hard to find, since they TRIED to make it more user friendly, which obviously confuses us veteran XP users. Wow, run-on sentence. Anyways, what I was saying, the problems that I have had are very random and sporadic and therefore very hard to diagnose. I repair computers for a living so these kinds of things should be giving me issues :p

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
well consider me anecdotal then, but my installation has only one bug, and it isn't the fault of microsoft. It's third party software that hasn't decided to support Vista yet.

Ryan

econo61

head pervert
okla
lotsa software doesnt support vista yet, but they are learnin!

my camera is a 7 year old intel freebie i got with a gateway puter, hell, intel doesnt even support it anymore! shame too, best little camera i ever had.

got my daughters little fuji out, no support there either! and its only 2 years old! damn, guess i'll have to buy a new camera now.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah most newer cameras will just plug-in and emulate a USB Drive. Your other option is to buy a card reader and pull the card out of the camera. Card readers are a dime a dozen nowadays, heck, theres one built into my printer.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yeah most newer cameras will just plug-in and emulate a USB Drive. Your other option is to buy a card reader and pull the card out of the camera. Card readers are a dime a dozen nowadays, heck, theres one built into my printer.
I have an SD Memory card in mine that plugs directly into a USB port when I take it out. It's really kewel.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts