Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4wd Problems!!

im having trouble engaging my 4wd. when i turn it on i hear a clicking noise. The 4wd light on the dash doesnt come on either. i tried it in reverse and actually drove it in 4wd for about a mile to see if it would kick in. but nothin happened. whats the problem, do i need a new transfer case or is something wrong internally?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Okay after more thought, I thinkk its the device the engages the hubs that goes bad, I wanna call it a modulator but I'm probably wrong, for some reason I think they get messed up and the vac won't allow it to engage the hubs properly...

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
manny swap?

blacksnapon

Staff member
im having trouble engaging my 4wd. when i turn it on i hear a clicking noise. The 4wd light on the dash doesnt come on either. i tried it in reverse and actually drove it in 4wd for about a mile to see if it would kick in. but nothin happened. whats the problem, do i need a new transfer case or is something wrong internally?
The 4x4 light not coming on concerns me. That usually is an electronic issue. If you can, jack up both ends,(use jackstands for safety), put it into 4x4 and see if the front driveshaft is turning.

The 4x4 light not coming on concerns me. That usually is an electronic issue. If you can, jack up both ends,(use jackstands for safety), put it into 4x4 and see if the front driveshaft is turning.

yea, im gonna do that this weekend. cuz i dont think it engages at all.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts