Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OH EMM GEE!!! 2011 Engine Line-Up released

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That line up really doesn't look too bad to me...but I'd really like to see something really rowdy/mean/nasty in that lineup that breaks the 400ci barrier. Only problem I see with those engines is, those max torque numbers are super high in the rpm range...I'd like to see those about 1500-2000rpm lower. IMO if max torque is above 4k...what's the point in even owning a truck...besides posing.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
That line up really doesn't look too bad to me...but I'd really like to see something really rowdy/mean/nasty in that lineup that breaks the 400ci barrier. Only problem I see with those engines is, those max torque numbers are super high in the rpm range...I'd like to see those about 1500-2000rpm lower. IMO if max torque is above 4k...what's the point in even owning a truck...besides posing.

yeah, i understand that point. but the modular style engines just make their power that high. just one of them things.

still a dam good lineup..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Its not un common for modular engines to wind up like that.

I know...but I'd really like to see a dyno/power graph of one of those things and see where the torque actually starts being made. I mean...if you're starting to approach max torque around 2500-3000rpm and it hangs there until 4500, then I'm showing my ignorance again. Personally, I'd be uncomfortable driving something that needs to wind up that high for peak numbers. Only reason I can think of that a truck would need to wind up that high is for mud racing.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I know...but I'd really like to see a dyno/power graph of one of those things and see where the torque actually starts being made. I mean...if you're starting to approach max torque around 2500-3000rpm and it hangs there until 4500, then I'm showing my ignorance again. Personally, I'd be uncomfortable driving something that needs to wind up that high for peak numbers. Only reason I can think of that a truck would need to wind up that high is for mud racing.

thats basically what it does. it has a LARGE powerband.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Not bad...still higher than I'd like...but alot better than I was thinking.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I honestly think if they're gonna bring in all new motors,they need to bring in an all new truck to stuff them in.The current body style has gone on for 6 years now.I think it's time for a Re-Design.Ford usually does it every 5-7 years.Well,it's about that time.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Ford goes 7 years on a build, then a new body which runs 4 years - change the fenders, keep the cab for another 4 years, then a 7 year run again and the cycle continues.

I would like to do a 6.2 swap...

Ryan

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ford goes 7 years on a build, then a new body which runs 4 years - change the fenders, keep the cab for another 4 years, then a 7 year run again and the cycle continues.

Ryan

It's not worth doing to a vehicle that looks like a cardboard box.They need to re-design it.I will lose all loyalty in modern day Ford if they keep this current cab as long as they've kept the Ranger cab.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
There's nothing wrong with the current cab... It's fine. I sit in it every day. It's spacious and quiet.

Ryan

Well so is a big enough cardboard box.

They just didn't try hard enough to give it some good features.There's nothing about the 04+ trucks that draw me to the truck and make me want one.Plus,I barely see any Single Cab longbeds.It's all Crewcabs with really small beds.The whole truck just has a disproportional look to me.It's all just a matter of personal opinion,and I can promise you i'll never own one.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
These aren't really modular engines, though they have a lot of the same design features and are really similar, they share no parts. They have very broad tq curves with variable cam timing and on the 3.7/5.0 Ti-VCT. The ecoboost motor has a VERY flat tq curve in the applications its been in so far (because its electronically limited due to transmission constraints in the AWD applications so far) See here:

images

Extrapolate that curve out and we're looking at around 400/400 for the ecoboost in RWD uncorked form :D

The 3.7 is the only motor I'd worry about the tq on, and they're only putting that in the lightest trucks for just that reason.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts